It is A.C. Reynolds High School’s expectation that parents have their son/daughter in school everyday. Buncombe County Attendance Policy allows students to miss 5 days in any class without penalty. After the 5th day, students must make up time for absences. A.C. Reynolds High School makes allowances for absences related to extreme medical situations and other situations deemed extreme in nature by the administration. These situations are labeled waiverable.
The following policy must be followed in order to have absences waived:
1. Absences must meet extreme medical or other conditions defined below.
2. Absences that meet waiverable conditions must have a doctor’s detailed documentation or other legal documentation. Notes from parents will not be accepted.
3. The exact days missed must be in the written documentation from the doctor. Ex. Student is to miss May 10 and May 11 NOT Student is to miss 2 days.
4. Documentation must be presented no later than 10 days after medical condition has been evaluated by a physician or legal documentation for other circumstances have occurred.
5. Documentation must be given to the grade level counselor.
WAIVERABLE CONDITIONS FOR ABSENCES
DEATH IN FAMILY
OTHER CONDITIONS DEEMED EXTREME BY THE ADMINISTRATION
MEDICAL CONDITIONS NOT WAIVERABLE
(This list only includes examples. Other non waiverable absences too numerous to list).
Signing the Student Policy Packet Signature Sheet indicates you have read and understand this policy.