New Student Enrollment

Student enrollment at A.C. Reynolds High School starts with scheduling an appointment with the counseling department. They can be reached at (828) 298-7665. 

If the student is new to Buncombe County Schools you'll need to complete the Online Enrollment process before your registration appointment. This will make your registration appointment faster, and save quite a bit of paper. Currently, Online Enrollment uses a service called PowerSchool Registration, and you'll need to set up an account using either an email address or a permanent phone number. If you do not have internet access arrive at your appointment 30 minutes early to complete the online information in our counseling department.  

Parents of students transferring within Buncombe County will need a PowerSchool parent portal account.  Please call (828) 298-7665 for account information.

PowerSchool Registration Link

To complete the registration process for ALL students, the following are required at the time of your enrollment appointment.

  • Photo Identification of Parent/Legal Guardian

  • Copy of Child's Certified Birth Certificate

  • Proof of Guardianship. Can include birth certificate, divorce papers, Social Services paperwork signed by a judge awarding custody.  Custody paperwork authorized by a judge or Social Services/foster care placement paperwork is required for all children not living with their natural parent.

  • Copy of up-to-date Immunization Record.  If your child is not immunized, you will need to speak with a school nurse.  By law, this is due within 30 calendar days of enrollment. 

  • Health Assessment. This is required for all students new to North Carolina public schools.  The DHHS form must be obtained on the nurse's website or from the doctor's office (these are not provided at the school).  By law, this is due within 30 calendar days of enrollment. 

  • Two Proofs of Residence. One must be a utility bill (power, water, or gas) and the other must be a mortgage statement, rental/lease agreement, deed, or buyer's agreement. 

The following items must be completed and brought to your child’s school within the first month of school:

  • Child's Current Immunization Record

  • North Carolina Health Assessment